West Seneca Youth and Recreation Application (pdf) must be completed in addition to the general West Seneca Employment Application (above)
Erie County Civil Service
Government jobs in Erie County, its towns, villages, school districts and authorities are typically filled from eligible lists resulting from examinations given for specific titles. The examination may be a written test, a performance test, or an evaluation of training and experience, or some combination of these and other factors. For further information you may call the Erie County Civil Service Exam Line (716) 858-8729. You may obtain application online or at the Erie County Personnel Office, Rath County Office Building, 95 Franklin St., Buffalo
Current West Seneca Openings
Recreation OPEN INTERVIEWS
Open Interviews will be held on two dates:
- April 3, 2018 between 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM (you must arrive by 11:30 AM)
- April 11, 2018 between 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM (you must arrive by 3:00 PM).
Where: 900 Mill Road #211, West Seneca, NY 14224
- Camp Counselor (Veterans Park Summer Day Camp or Summer Fun)
- Assistant Camp Counselor (Veterans Park Summer Day Camp)
- Assistant Camp Director (Veterans Park Summer Day Camp)
- Program Coordinator (Veterans Park Summer Day Camp)
- Program Supervisor (Summer Fun)
- Pool Supervisor
- Assistant Pool Supervisor
- Head Lifeguard
- Swim Instructor
Required Certifications: Please be advised these requirements could change, based on any changes made to the NYSDOH regulations for each program.
All CPR Certifications are valid for one year, regardless of the expiration date on the card.
- Recreation Program Staff (18 years of age or older): (A) American Red Cross Responding to Emergencies or American Health & Safety Institute Wilderness First Aid (B) CPR/AED and (C) American Red Cross Epinephrine Auto-Injector Training or Anaphylaxis and Ephine Auto Injector
- Summer Day Camp Assistant Camp Director must be 21 years of age or older, have three years of programming experience and the above listed Recreation Program Staff Certifications.
- Veterans Park Pool Staff (16 Years of age or older): (A) American Red Cross Lifeguard (B) American Red Cross First Aid (C) American Red Cross CPR or BLS for Healthcare Providers or CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer or American Heart Association BLS Instructor or BLS Provider (D) American Red Cross AED. (D) American Red Cross Epinephrine Auto-Injector Training or Anaphylaxis and Ephine Auto Injector.There will be an additional pay rate increase for those who choose to obtain the American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or Orchard Park Recreation Swimming Instructor Certification.
- Head Lifeguards (18 years of age or older): In addition to above listed Veterans Park Pool Staff Certification - Preference will be given to those who obtain the required certifications for the below Veterans Park Pool Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor.
- Veterans Park Pool Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor (18 years of age or older): In addition to above listed Veterans Park Pool Staff Certification (A) American Red Cross Lifeguard Management (certifications issued after 12/31/13 must be accompanied by a separate certification indicated in-person testing session, certifications expiration date is based on LGM certificate not the in-person testing date, cards issued prior to 1/1/14 without an expiration date can be accepted for three years from date of issuance) . (B) American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or Orchard Park Recreation Swimming Instructor Certification. Also, (A) Must be 21 years of age (B) Have a minimum of one season of previous experience as a camp aquatics director at a NYS Children's Camp or two season of previous experience consisting of at least 12 weeks as a children's camp lifeguard which has more than one lifeguard supervising at a time or (C) 18 weeks of previous experience as a lifeguard at a swimming pool or bathing beach which has more than one lifeguard supervising at a time.
Continuous Accepted Applications
The Town of West Seneca will continually accept applications for the following positions. While no current position may be available, the Town may applications on file for one (1) year for any future part-time, temporary, or grant related position.
Requirements include being
proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Send complete
application along with a current resume to: The Town of West Seneca, 1250
Union Road, West Seneca, NY 14224
The Town of West Seneca continuously accepts applications for Part-Time Laborer positions. Send the completed application and current resume to: The West Seneca Highway Department, 1250 Union Road, West Seneca, NY 14224
West Seneca Youth Board
The West Seneca Youth Board is accepting applications for members
The Youth Board shall be an advisory board concerning itself with the total welfare of the youth specifically with the prevention of juvenile delinquency within this population. Wherever possible, it shall plan, coordinate and develop programs which prevent, reduce or correct problems of youth in West Seneca.
This is a volunteer position. All interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to: West Seneca Youth and Recreation, 1250 Union Road, West Seneca, New York 14224